Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Holiday Conversation with EVOLVE's Mary Choo, on EDGE's Countdown to Christmas

My name is Mary Choo, and my short story, "Resonance," appeared in the vampire anthology Evolve, edited by Nancy Kilpatrick.

EDGE: Are you more of a Santa or a Scrooge?
Mary Choo: I'm definitely a Santa.

EDGE: Do you have anything special that you do for Christmas?
Mary Choo: We always spend Christmas with those who matter to us most.


EDGE: Do you have any particularly strange or favorite gifts that you remember?
Mary Choo: I can't think of a particularly strange one, but my favourite gifts are those small things, or actions, that show someone really thought about what I wanted or needed – even when I didn't realize it myself.

EDGE: What is your favorite holiday treat?
Mary Choo: As do so many people, I have a passion for chocolate – in my case, the darker, the better. I also love seeing all the fabulous Christmas light displays that are found throughout the Lower Mainland.

EDGE: How would a character in your story celebrate Christmas?
Mary Choo: My vampire protagonist, Peg, would throw a huge party for all the neighbours, with her violinist friend, Sophie, providing some of the music. Peg would also request a small donation from each guest, to go toward her favourite wildlife sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment